Reback SMS / DSL packet loss issue.

Stephen Fulton nanog at esoteric.ca
Thu May 19 01:26:05 UTC 2005

Hi all,

Hope the last NANOG was good, I was supposed to go, but alas business
got in the way.

I've got a question about an issue I'm seeing with some DSL clients.  It
may not be limited to Redback's SMS, but that's the platform being used,
so I won't speak in generalities.

Occasionaly clients connected via ATM PVC's experience packet loss after
      reconnecting due to power loss.  The line sync is fine, but packet
loss of between 40 - 60% occurs.  Only once I've used "clear sub
<subscriber>" to disconnect the session does the packet loss stop.
Anyone know why that would be?

I'd appreciate any insight or a push in the right direction regarding
this, thanks.

--
Stephen Fulton            | We can be quick-witted
Systems Administrator     |  or very intelligent