More on Vonage service disruptions...

Christopher Woodfield rekoil at semihuman.com
Fri Mar 4 17:45:54 UTC 2005

This does bring up a hardware design question...I'm wondering how
difficult of an engineering/marketing problem it would be to design
VoIP adapters with built-in backup batteries. How does the power
consumption profile of a VoIP adapter compare to, say, a cellphone?
What would this add to the cost of the device, and how long could the
battery last?

-C