VerizonWireless.com Mail Blacklists

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Thu Jun 2 04:30:28 UTC 2005

At 7:21 PM -0700 2005-06-01, John Bittenbender wrote:

>     We don't provide email services to our customers. We are merely a
>  wireless ISP generally used as their secondary connection to use while
>  the customer is mobile. Another large portion of our client base are
>  enterprises and public services/utilities that use their own systems.

	Do you provide mail servers of any type anywhere at all on your
network?  Do you provide access to mail servers of any type through
your network?  If so, then you are an e-mail service provider (even
if that isn't your primary function).

>     The reason for our non-participation in Spam-L..... We aren't an
>  email provider.

	You should most definitely be actively participating in the
appropriate forums.

	Failure to do so should be considered a corporate statement that
you implicitly condone any and all such activities that occur on your
networks.

	However, this discussion should be held in one of those forums
where it is more appropriate to discuss this subject.  Unfortunately,
you don't participate in any of them.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755