NAT Configuration for Dual WAN Router

Jason Chambers jchambers at cenic.org
Thu Dec 15 15:54:14 UTC 2005

On Dec 15, 2005, at 06:54, Rossi, Jeremy wrote:

> Have you looked OpenBSD with pf?  You can create rules that map
> outbound
> session to a different DSL router, interface, and/or gateway based on
> any number of rules.  The man page pf.conf[1] and more precisely the

FreeBSD with IPF \ IPNAT [1] or PF as well.

You have a number of options but consider the long-term.

I guess you've already bought the second DSL line ?  The cost of the
lines ( and routers ) combined might not be far away from another type
of carrier that may work with your future requirements.  Look into
bonding T1's.

If you don't already, it might help to start analyzing your traffic
characteristics.

-Jason

[1]
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/firewalls-