Load balance over multiple bgp feeds

Olivier Bonaventure Bonaventure at info.ucl.ac.be
Sat Apr 23 07:15:40 UTC 2005

Mike,

> I was wondering what everyone does to load balance over multiple bgp
> feeds.  We currently have 5 bgp feeds with 2 providers.  Do you just
> randomly pick networks, or use something like netflow to try and pick
> the best path.

You might be interested by the following papers :

S. Uhlig and O. Bonaventure. Designing BGP-based outbound traffic
engineering techniques for stub ASes. ACM SIGCOMM Computer Communication
Review, 34(5), 2004.

S. Uhlig, O. Bonaventure, and B. Quoitin. Interdomain traffic
engineering with minimal BGP configurations. In 18th International
Teletraffic Congress (ITC), September 2003.

http://totem.info.ucl.ac.be/publications.html

Best regards,

Olivier