New Outage Hits Comcast Subscribers

Christopher L. Morrow christopher.morrow at mci.com
Thu Apr 14 21:27:05 UTC 2005

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu wrote:

> On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 19:17:26 -0000, "Christopher L. Morrow" said:
>
> > Perhaps it's not even appropriate for comcast's
> > network/design/pop/hub/area/infrastructure... Don't get me, or I think
> > Daniel, wrong, anycast is fun, but it's not for everyone. The main goal
> > for comcast should be stability, regardless of how they implement that,
> > eh?
>
> No, they want to maximize the pricepoint/stability function (which has
> multiple maxima/minima corresponding to various market niches).  They want
> to pay as little as possible for sufficient stability to not torque off the
> customer base into migrating to another provider.

oops, I wasn't clear what I meant and didn't type properly was: "the goal
for comcast is stability, you don't care how they achieve that" which
still isn't 100% correct, but basically let them do their operations and
lets not pot-shot something that 'we' don't understand. I'm assuming that
peter hill is not a comcast employee, his email headers suggest a CMU grad
and a current Amazon employee.

go tartans.