New Outage Hits Comcast Subscribers

Christopher L. Morrow christopher.morrow at mci.com
Thu Apr 14 19:17:26 UTC 2005

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005, Peter John Hill wrote:

> Do you understand anycast? Do you understand how different operating
> systems react to failures of configured dns servers?
>
> You really need to look into anycast and see why it is used. Perhaps
> the comcast people are as naive as you about dns... Check out:
> http://www.net.cmu.edu/pres/anycast/

is attacking people necessary? I think Daniel's point was: "Perhaps
anycast isn't te only answer"

Perhaps it's not even appropriate for comcast's
network/design/pop/hub/area/infrastructure... Don't get me, or I think
Daniel, wrong, anycast is fun, but it's not for everyone. The main goal
for comcast should be stability, regardless of how they implement that,
eh?