Dear Linksys: Your broken WET54GS5 makes me sad.

JC Dill lists05 at equinephotoart.com
Tue Apr 12 15:45:40 UTC 2005

Niels Bakker wrote:

>* Michael.Dillon at radianz.com [Tue 12 Apr 2005, 13:21 CEST]:
>

>>>In this case, I do. It's a consumer product.
>>>

>>One way to solve this problem, and recognize that many
>>IP network operators sell service to consumers as well
>>as peering, would be to offer the inet-access mailing
>>list to come under the NANOG umbrella, and then encourage
>>discussions to move to the appropriate list. There is no
>>reason why the NANOG community needs to limit itself to
>>a single-focus mailing list and a single-track conference.
>>

>We can already ask people to take their discussions to the appropriate
>place.  No need for that other place to fall under the same umbrella.
>NANOG has a charter, and this whole thread falls squarely outside it.

Ditto.  The inet-access list is one of the many "other lists" referenced
in the NANOG FAQ as a place to discuss topics that may be of interest to
*some* NANOG participants but which are off-topic to NANOG itself.
Anyone who is interested in discussion about "consumer product" items
(and other topics of interest to ISPs and network providers small and
large) is welcome to subscribe to inet-access by sending email: