What percentage of the Internet Traffic is junk?

Steve Gibbard scg at gibbard.org
Wed May 5 22:59:22 UTC 2004

Perhaps now I'm the one being pedantic, but you're confusing "somebody"
with the owner of the resources involved in the sending.

What I said was, "presumably, if it's being sent that means *somebody*
wanted to send it."

Otherwise, we have to consider somebody doing what would otherwise be
legitimate web browsing from an untentionally open wireless access point
to be junk traffic, which is both very hard to figure out in any
large-scale analysis, and gives the numbers a very different meaning.

-Steve

Steve Gibbard				scg at gibbard.org
+1 415 717-7842	(cell)			http://www.gibbard.org/~scg
+1 510 528-1035 (home)