who offers cheap (personal) 1U colo?

Laurence F. Sheldon, Jr. LarrySheldon at cox.net
Tue Mar 16 18:31:08 UTC 2004

Curtis Maurand wrote:

> Then anyone can walk up to the machine and get onto the network simply by
> turning on the machine.
>
> The system you're looking for involve biometrics or smartcards.  Firewalls
> between student and administration areas would be a good idea as well.

It must be dreadful to work in a place where everybody is The Enemy.

In case I every get another job at a University, how do you separate
"student areas" from "administration areas"?

In my limited experience, we had students in labs, classrooms, and
offices in the Administration Building, administrators (RA'a, residents,
offices) in the Residence Halls, all kinds of creepy people in the
libraries, classrooms, offices, dining rooms, and recreational and
exercise facilities.  Do you use armed guards to keep everybody in
their proper areas?

--
Requiescas in pace o email