Regional differences in P2P

Petri Helenius pete at he.iki.fi
Sat Jul 17 08:24:39 UTC 2004

Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:

>I have't seen all that much warez doing the rounds of random ftp sites -
>quite often running on backdoored boxes in places with a lot more
>bandwidth than clue level (corporations, student dorm rooms ...)

You´re probably mixing the random joe-jobs which put some random files
up at ftp servers having a writeable directory from the organized
trading scene which is hardly visible from anything else than long fat
flows flying in high TCP ports. However the actual data is usually not
encrypted while the ftp-command session is.

Pete