Not the best solution, but it takes VeriSign out of the loop

Paul Vixie vixie at vix.com
Wed Sep 17 04:27:05 UTC 2003

> > Who's up for creating a network of new gTLD servers?

> This would require cooperation from the root-servers operators.

speaking for f-root, we won't be cooperating with anything like that.
we do not edit the zone files we serve.  they come from iana, and if
you want something different served, you'll have to talk to iana.  i
cannot speak for the other rootops but i suspect that their answers
might be compatible with, if not downright similar to, f-root's.

> And a serious effort from ISP/NSP community to block network access to
> root-servers that don't cooperate.
>
> I agree that it's a good idea at this point.  I see nothing else as a
> serious long-term technical solution.

sounds like mob rule to me -- count me out.  so, block me first, i guess?
--
Paul Vixie