157.112.0.0/16 ARIN info updated, AT&T still announcing /16

Chris Lewis clewis at nortelnetworks.com
Thu Sep 11 19:13:39 UTC 2003

Richard Cox wrote:

> The other good news is that all those blocks have now been either
> returned to Aker Kvaerner Group (successors-in-title to Trafalgar
> House Group) or returned to ARIN for reuse, as appropriate.  Any
> filters you routing people may have put in place to prevent abuse
> from those blocks can be - and, please, SHOULD be, removed as soon
> as practicable.  The DNSBL entries for them at Spamhaus and SORBS
> have already been removed.

As a FYI, that class B appears to have gone totally silent on the
spamming front on the 9th of Sept or thereabouts.  We were getting ~40
attempts per day from it.

If anybody needs samples, contact me - quickly.  We only retain it for
about two weeks.  Spams all referencing www.dnt.opt.listaudit.biz
(resolves to  141.152.34.207, apparently Verizon, also blacklisted as
being part of Empire Towers)

It's still listed on SPEWS.

I killed our manual blacklisting.