domainmonger.com with wildcard NS?

just me matt at snark.net
Tue Oct 14 17:58:33 UTC 2003

On 14 Oct 2003, Robert E. Seastrom wrote:

  just me <matt at snark.net> writes:

  > In theory this doesnt break anything, since the nameservers in
  > question aren't providing recursive service to anyone. Any questions
  > they see are the result of a followed delegation. So I don't see why
  > this would cause problems anywhere.

  I'd sure hate to be the poor fellow having a zone being served from
  those nameservers when the inevitable configuration error causes the
  zone to get dropped on the floor (for instance an accidental removal
  from named.conf).  NXDOMAIN or SERVFAIL sure beats a wildcard match
  going to the wrong place.

                                          ---Rob

I think (don't hold me to this, I might be wrong) the trick, when
you're a registrar, is to not lose domains?

matto

   Flowers on the razor wire/I know you're here/We are few/And far
   between/I was thinking about her skin/Love is a many splintered
   thing/Don't be afraid now/Just walk on in. #include <disclaim.h>