Telco's write best practices for packet switching networks

JC Dill nanog at vo.cnchost.com
Thu Mar 7 22:23:18 UTC 2002

On 04:37 PM 3/7/2002 -0500, Sean Donelan wrote:

 >My comment was originally prompted by the meeting minutes which
 >reported on the survey data showing that 100% of carriers are implementing
 >firewalls in their gateways.  The 100% is what caught my eye.

Is that "100% of carriers report implementing firewalls in 100% of their
gateways" or "100% of carriers report implementing firewalls in at least
one gateway"?  I suspect that it's closer to the later than the former, and
that it includes firewalls located at gateways on the *customer* side of
the circuit (managed IP services, including managing customer routers and
firewalls).

jc