KPNQwest ns.eu.net server.

Joao Luis Silva Damas joao at ripe.net
Thu Jun 6 16:28:31 UTC 2002

At 16:35 +0200 6/6/02, Gert Doering wrote:

>Hmmm?  As far as I can see, RIPE has enough providers.  The problem is
>that the ccTLD secondary server hosted at KQ broke -

ns.eu.net has not "broke". At least not yet.
KPNQwest still has very competent people (and I would like to
specifically thank Berislav Todorovic for embracing the idea of
placing ns.eu.net outside KPNQwest to ensure stability and for all
the support in actually doing it)

The RIPE  NCC doesn't currently need further support to operate the
service, which is why we volunteered to do it, to provide a stable
service until further steps are undertaken without the concern for
the time period KPNQwest will be able to continue to operate.

With time, since EUNet will not exist, ns.eu.net should also
disappear (I am not quite sure the RIPE NCC would want to "own" the
eu.net domain), but it should be after everyone has got time to think
properly about a solution that suits them in the long term.

Cheers,
Joao