bulk email

gabriel m schuyler exposed at beamishguild.com
Wed Apr 24 19:36:01 UTC 2002

At 07:15 AM 4/22/2002, James Cronin wrote:

>As it's still likely to end up with the most popular domains
>@hotmail.com, @yahoo.com, @aol.com having several thousand recipients
>though I'm still interested in whether anyone has more experience
>of ensuring that mail doesn't get blackholed.

At my last job, we successfully flew under the radar by sending individual
messages to each recipient.  We were sending info to around four hundred
thousand registered users of our site and some tens of thousands were at
yahoo, hotmail, aol &c.

Our only problems were on our side ... we ran out of filehandles a couple
times.  If anyone wants to take a look at the quick and dirty perl script I
wrote, you're welcome to it.

--
Gabriel M. Schuyler, outlaw
  "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by."