60 Hudson Evacuated - May Collapse? (was RE: NYC update, etc)

Steve Meuse smeuse at genuity.net
Thu Sep 13 02:22:03 UTC 2001

At 08:58 PM 9/12/01 -0400, Martin, Christian wrote:

>Just heard this news...
>
>"60 Hudson Street NYC (nycmny1) has been evacuated and may collapse."
>
>Can anyone confirm this?
>
>chris

I think that there was some confusion on this one. A vendor of ours had
made a report to us that there was a structural problem with the building
which caused our NOC to act appropriately, but as far as we can tell the
information is unverified. The alarms were set off, and the wheels were set
in motion to prepare for the worst. We're still looking into the issue, and
I say again, the information is unverified.

-Steve