AOL holes again.

Richard Welty rwelty at vpnet.com
Tue Mar 20 18:43:59 UTC 2001

> That may be the case, but the fix is not to put any server
> that generates
> "lots of mail" into the bitbucket.  I've been getting
> complaints from a
> number of list members (no spam or relaying from mailinglists.org, I
> promise) that folks on AOL suddenly stopped getting the
> majority of their
> list mail.

i suggest not jumping to any conclusions here.

i run digest.net, a smallish not-very-profitable electronic mailing
list host, and i observed similar dropouts, but discovered that my
reverse DNS lookups were broken, and AOL's current policy is to reject
email from hosts for which reverse DNS isn't working properly.

richard