Multiple Roots are "a good thing" - Karl Auerbach

Scott Francis scott at virtualis.com
Mon Mar 19 21:17:18 UTC 2001

On Mon, Mar 19, 2001 at 03:24:57PM -0500, Shawn McMahon had this to say:
> On my phone I get an error if I dial that.
>
> I have to dial something else first to tell it that I'm looking for a
> number that's not on my local phone network, but instead on the one
> Bellsouth participates in.

naturally, you have to include the right set of prefixes (correct TLD,
perhaps?). That example was picked with an eye towards brevity, not towards
accuracy for every case. In the US, that will work. Elsewhere, you may have to
dial +011 or whatever your local international prefix is.

My point holds true.

--
Scott Francis           scott@   [work:] v i r t u a l i s . c o m
Systems Analyst     darkuncle@   [home:] d a r k u n c l e . n e t