Loose Source Routing

David McGaugh david_mcgaugh at eli.net
Tue Mar 6 17:49:47 UTC 2001

What are people's feelings on loose source routing? The general
sentiment around here is that it is a very evil thing. The reason I ask
is that there is a certain network out there (who will remain nameless)
who refuses to peer unless loose source routing is enabled. I can
somewhat understand their reasoning (they can reroute traffic on OUR
network as necessary) but the security implications far out way the
benefits. Not only this I'm not comfortable with an outside source
having control over routing on our network anyway.
-Dave
--
Dave McGaugh, CCNA
E-mail: dmcgaugh at eli.net