opinions on routers/switches for parallel clusters

Albert Meyer albert at waller.net
Mon Jun 18 16:54:01 UTC 2001

Having dealt with Lucent I can warn you away from them (as if I need to
nowadays). Having dealt with Cabletron I can warn you away from Riverstone.
The only company you mention which has consistently provided excellent
products and support (and never screwed me around or lied to me) is Cisco.
Their stuff is a bit overpriced, but <cliche> you get what you pay for.
</cliche>