/24s run amuck again

Hank Nussbacher hank at att.net.il
Sun Jun 10 09:09:47 UTC 2001

Email sent to gharmon at rhythms.net, cgreen at rhythms.net,
doroberts at rhythms.net on Feb 8 - no response.

> >   3491      651      CAIS Internet
>
>DSL providers are becoming very bad about this. Someone pointed out to me
>off list that CAIS had carved up PSI's /8 into over 500 /24s.
>
> >    690      502      Merit Network
>
>Well at least we don't have to go too far to find the guilty party. :P
>
> >  18994      468      Global Crossing
> >  15870      436      Global Center Frankfurt
> >  18993      325      Global Crossing
>
>Those are the GlobalCenter datacenters being converted into the Exodus
>network. It looks like they are leaking a sizable number of /32s /30s etc,
>and since its GBLX space I'm assuming its stuff that used to be aggregated
>into a single announcement.

Email sent to: ipadmin at gblx.net, huberman at gblx.net, ip-eng at gblx.net,
scarter at gblx.net, bgp at gblx.net, bp at gblx.net on June 4 - everyone responded
that the problem was forwarded to Exodus and from there it disappeared into
a black hole.

Basically, after having sent out dozens of emails over the past 6 months I
have come to the conclusion that there are a few out there that will fix
things when presented with the problem.  But the vast majority either don't
have a clue, don't want to have a clue or couldn't give a damn that the
routing tables are increasing in size.

-Hank