DNS Issues

jlewis at lewis.org jlewis at lewis.org
Tue Aug 14 04:31:43 UTC 2001

On Mon, 13 Aug 2001, Mike Moglin wrote:

> The question is how do I get the records to propagate rapidly?? he set
> the expire time on the records he sent out extremely high.  Is there a
> way to force an update?? And what do the serial numbers really do?

You don't.  AFAIK, the only way would be to get everyone to restart their
name servers.  Not likely.  Talk to your lawyer and the cops and make the
disgruntled ex-employee pay.  I've seen people do this sort of thing out
of stupidity (typo an address, and reload the zone with an inconveniently
long TTL), but it's a great way to screw someone if you can pull it off.

 Atlantic Net                |