trapdoor.merit.edu and other impatient Postfix mailers everywhere (fwd)

Derek Balling dredd at megacity.org
Fri Aug 3 00:42:38 UTC 2001

>The above is exactly the reason (well not the only reason), that we now use
>Qmail instead of sendmail.
>
>I never liked the idea of someone else, with an agenda that I'm sure
>doesn't coinside with mine, telling me who I should talk to or not. When
>the source code defaulted to using these "services" that's when I bailed on
>sendmail.

Where does sendmail "default" to using the MAPS RBL?  Not a single
"default" mc file contains any reference to it:

$ grep dnsbl /usr/local/src/sendmail-8.12.0.Beta17/cf/cf/*.mc
$

It must be explicitly enabled with the FEATURE(dnsbl) rule in your
sendmail.mc file.

Try to connects facts and reality before making statements like that,
ok? Unless, of course, you work in M$'s FUD department, in which
case, its part of the job description, and understandable.

| dredd at megacity.org  | "Conan! What is best in life?"          |
|  Derek J. Balling   | "To crush your enemies, see them        |
|                     |    driven before you, and to hear the   |
|                     |    lamentation of their women!"         |