Code Red growth stats

Dave Stewart dbs at ntrnet.net
Wed Aug 1 20:42:32 UTC 2001

At 04:28 PM 8/1/2001, Stephen J. Wilcox wrote:

>Does anyone have any theories as to why its tailing, are the thousands of
>vulnerable machines being patched all of a sudden? If not then why is
>traffic decreasing so fast when the worm just keeps searching?

I suspect we'll see it begin to pick up a little bit... it looks like
Billybob is just starting to get home from work and fire up his whizbang
Windows 2000 machine, which he put IIS on so he can share kewl warez and
mp3z with his leet friends...

I'm seeing more probes from Roadrunner and @Home hosts in the last little
while.