Direct Phone Number which is regarding for AS297

Nathan Stratton nathan at robotics.net
Fri Sep 10 18:13:27 UTC 1999

On Fri, 10 Sep 1999, Phillip Vandry wrote:

> Anyway, I believe it's possible to have a toll free number that's only
> dialable in one area and have the same number allocated to someone else
> who has a toll free number only dialable from some other area, as long
> as the areas don't overlap. So who would the international caller reach
> in that case?

Correct, just like my Jamaica example, they allocate 800 number right now
and there is a large amount of overlap. Many such numbers are just not
reachable outside the US or require you to use special routing through the
IXC that provides the number.

--
Check out the new telecom tools site http://www.robotics.net/clec/
><>
Nathan Stratton				Telecom & ISP Consulting
http://www.robotics.net	 		nathan at robotics.net