Is anyone actually USING IP QoS?

Randy Bush randy at psg.com
Tue May 18 20:37:01 UTC 1999

> There is absolutely no technological reason why international rates are
> so much higher than domestic US rates.

so, as a pragmatist, should i spend my time telling the world they're wrong
or getting my job of moving packets done?

> Regarding the idea of "free bandwidth," that's not what I said. I said
> that bandwidth is "essentially free." Of course there will always be a
> cost for bandwidth.

what percentage of a stateside isp's p/l do you think circuit cost is?
what percentage of a european isp's p/l do you think circuit cost is?
what percentage of an african isp's p/l do you think circuit cost is?

hint: the numbers do not support your argument.  some day they may.  in the
meantime, do you mind if no one delivers packets to you until that day
comes?

randy