AS7170 flaps and resulting non-event

Craig A. Haney craig at seamless.kludge.net
Thu Dec 2 09:21:15 UTC 1999

John,

AT&T-DISC is an AT&T Network that is specifically for DREN/DISC DoD
Government use.
It is not their public/commercial IP service offering.

What is DREN:  http://www.hpcmo.hpc.mil/Htdocs/DREN/dren-def.html

DREN HOMEPAGE: http://www.hpcmo.hpc.mil/Htdocs/DREN/

What is DISC:  http://www.hpcmo.hpc.mil/Htdocs/DREN/disc-sow-new.html

For a while now I understand this network is working with a skeleton
operations crew and none of the original architects have been there
for a long time. And some of the Merit folks that were under contract
to AT&T DISC as advisors also have left Merit recently.

It is probally best to take up any issues you have with the DISC HELP
DESK information available at:

http://www.hpcmo.hpc.mil/Htdocs/DREN/disc-help.html

They are located either in Vienna, VA off Gallows Rd (right near
MAE-EAST) or Oakton VA (Down Rt 123 - again near MAE-EAST).

and/or also take up the issue with the Technical Advisory Panel at
the same time:
And I see that this list is out of date.

http://www.arl.mil/HPCMP/DREN/program-pocs.html

hope this helps you getting your concern resolved.

-craig