[Dag.Peak at qwest.net: A question from a new nanog reader.]

Steven J. Sobol sjsobol at nacs.net
Tue Nov 3 23:27:05 UTC 1998

This looks like it might be something of operational interest...

-----Forwarded message from "Peak, Dag" <Dag.Peak at qwest.net>-----

From: "Peak, Dag" <Dag.Peak at qwest.net>
To: "'Steven J. Sobol'" <sjsobol at nacs.net>
Subject: A question from a new nanog reader.
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 1998 12:26:23 -0700

Steven,

Given the current discussions on what is and what is not appropriate for the
list, and given that I've only been reading it for a week or so, I though
I'd ask you whether this information would be relevant or not (and you got
picked because I've seen 7 messages from you in that time ;).

Qwest Communications just put up a traceroute server. Would the list be
interested in that information? For your own personal edification, its at
http://www.iptools.qwest.net. Username qwestip, password elvis. (Even though
its behind a password, it is for public consumption. It was developed as a
sales tool.)

Disclaimer: I work for Qwest in a sales engineering role. I'd personally
like to see some discussion on what we're doing in the IP space. I think
what we're doing is actually pretty cool.

If you think its appropriate, forward on the URL to the list. If not, cool.
I'll leave judgement up to you.

Dag Peak
Technical Consultant III, National Accounts
Qwest Communications
dag.peak at qwest.net
303.260.4602 (office)
303.229.0087 (cell)
303.260.4617 (fax)

Identification given does not imply authorization, merely affiliation.

-----End of forwarded message-----

--
Steve Sobol [sjsobol at nacs.net]
Part-time Support Droid [support at nacs.net]

Spotted on a bumper sticker: "Possum. The other white meat."