BBN Peering issues

Robert Bowman rob at elite.exodus.net
Wed Aug 12 20:48:58 UTC 1998

I've tried to stay away from posting here, but a small clarification...

Exodus is currently dealing with the asymmetry of traffic by assuming
a large chunk of the burden by doing best-exit, at BBN's request, based
upon BBN's MEDs.  So let's not make it into the argument that the "evil"
web hosters are just dumping recklessly via shortest-path out.  Exodus
has assumed the cost of all long haul delivery coast-to-coast of the
data that BBN's users are requesting.

**The above opinion is that of mine & Exodus Communications Inc.  It
is not intended to reflect the opinions of John Curran, CTO of BBN/GTE/GTEI

Robert Bowman
Director Backbone Engineering
Exodus Communications Inc.
rob at exodus.net