Mae-East Reboot?

Justin W. Newton justin at priori.net
Wed Oct 8 21:01:59 UTC 1997

At 09:43 PM 10/7/97 -0700, J.D. Falk wrote:
>On Oct 7, Deepak Jain <deepak at jain.com> wrote:
>
>> Was the Mae-East reboot scheduled or unscheduled?
>
>	MFS seems to think it was scheduled, but I don't know anybody
>	besides them who had heard about it beforehand.

What appears to be happening is that trunking between the switches appears
to be intermittently failing (its the only explanation that I can come up
with for suddenly losing all of the peers on one switch, and then getting
them back a few moments later).  I haven't seen any new problems with it
since about 9pm PST (or is it PDT now, I can never remember) last night.
When the connections are up it appears that the trunking between several of
the Gigaswitches is saturated and needs to be increased.  I am currently
working on graphing packet loss and latency between my router and routers
on other switches. (Yes, I know this isn't terribly precise, but its better
than nothing).

I wonder if the congestion between the AMES site and the MFS site for MAE
West will be cleared up any time soon.  (Kudos to the NASA folks for god
responsiveness on this issue, actually, I'll trust that they will get
something done).

Justin W. Newton                        voice: +1-650-482-2840
Senior Network Architect                  fax: +1-650-482-2844
PRIORI NETWORKS, INC.                    http://www.priori.net
Legislative and Policy Director, ISP/C   http://www.ispc.org
"The People You Know.  The People You Trust."