Sprints definition on NAPs (question)

John Scoggin jscoggin at delmarva.com
Tue Apr 30 00:38:01 UTC 1996

The other question that should be asked (and I hope some folks have looked at
this) is whether this rule is in fact arbitrary.  If there is no sound
ENGINEERING reason, it may constitute "restraint of trade" under Chapter 2 of
the Sherman Act (if memory serves).  These types of problems can be quite
nasty, involving treble punitive damages.

I have never been a lawyer (or played one on TV :-), but I can recall
handling disbursement of suit awards while a programmer in a bank Trust
Department...