CSPAN at next NANOG?

Christopher E. Stefan flatline at ironhorse.com
Sun Apr 7 17:34:44 UTC 1996

On Thu, 4 Apr 1996, William B. Norton wrote:

> Since we are holding the next NANOG in Washington DC, I thought it might be
> interesting to see if CSPAN was interested in broadcasting it (a nice
> alternative/addition to the Mbone I think.)  I contacted the CSPAN folks and
> they tell me that they usually don't decide what event to cover until the
> day before or so, but if we wanted to make this meeting open to the public
> (it is) and let them know the agenda, then they can consider it.  Does this
> sound ok?

I think this would be a really good idea.  It cuts right to the heart of
the PR and educational issues Matthew Dillon has been bringing up.  Also
it is a bit easier for some of us to feed CSPAN into our VCRs than MBONE.
;)

Christopher E Stefan                         http://www.ironhorse.com/~flatline
System Administrator                         Home: (206) 706-0945
Ironhorse Software, Inc.                     Work: (206) 783-6636
flatline at ironhorse.com                       finger for PGP key