CIDR deployment

Mark Knopper mak at aads.com
Mon Mar 21 04:00:32 UTC 1994

I think this is a tangent to the CIDR discussion, but the situation
that Owen describes below occured a few times when I was at Merit.
In those cases what I did was to contact all of the parties (PA, PB
and the customer, sometimes all on the phone together for additional
entertainment). Often the argument can be resolved right away but
if not, it was a difficult call. Since Merit supports the NSF's
policies, if the customer was a research/education AUP organization,
the decision was weighted to the benefit of the customer. If it
was purely a commercial business argument, we would sit for a while
to see if there would be a settlement before taking any stand.
	Mark