[Nanog-futures] NANOG Wiki taken over by outsiders (Yes, I already sent an email to Richard)

Lynda shrdlu at deaddrop.org
Wed Mar 28 10:36:52 CDT 2012

On 3/28/2012 8:24 AM, Joe Provo wrote:
> It has been this way for ages. Auto account creation
> was spamifying it into uselessless since at least 2009.
> After unspamming and reporting a couple times and the
> contact address I used for contributing getting placed
> on loads of spammer lists, I just presumed it was another
> dead project. Given that there was no collective management,
> common content sandards, or structure it was kinda stumbling
> anyway.

Guess they just finally hit a page I'd edited. Too bad, really. This
particular email address already receives so much spam (mostly trapped
on the server, thank goodness) that I wouldn't notice any change in the
levels. I suppose it would be wise for me to remove my account from there.

Thanks very much for the update. It certainly shows that I hadn't paid
it much attention, if it's been happening since 2009. Still sad, though.

--
It isn't just me.

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/jw_on_tech/archive/2012/03/13/why-i-left-google.aspx