[Nanog-futures] NANOG Wiki taken over by outsiders (Yes, I already sent an email to Richard)

Joe Provo nanog-fut at rsuc.gweep.net
Wed Mar 28 10:24:49 CDT 2012

It has been this way for ages. Auto account creation
was spamifying it into uselessless since at least 2009.
After unspamming and reporting a couple times and the
contact address I used for contributing getting placed
on loads of spammer lists, I just presumed it was another
dead project. Given that there was no collective management,
common content sandards, or structure it was kinda stumbling
anyway.

On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 08:08:56AM -0700, Lynda wrote:
> I received a notification timestamped last night (3/27/2012 11:30PM),
> that said the main page of the NANOG Wiki had been changed by "Snowing"
> and since that didn't sound like anyone on NANOG, I looked.
>
> It's now devoted to advertisements. Luckily there are no drive by links,
> but I suppose that's next. Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings.
>
> I sent an email earlier to ras at e-gerbil, and am now widening the scope
> of notification. Perhaps someone else here has the ability to fix it, or
> at least to back out the changes.
>
> The specific Subject line in the email was "NANOG page Talk:Main Page
> has been changed by Snowing"
>
> --
> It isn't just me.
>
> http://blogs.msdn.com/b/jw_on_tech/archive/2012/03/13/why-i-left-google.aspx

         RSUC / GweepNet / Spunk / FnB / Usenix / SAGE / NewNOG