[Nanog-futures] Admission for Committee Members

Steve Feldman feldman at twincreeks.net
Fri Sep 30 13:13:42 CDT 2011

On Sep 30, 2011, at 11:08 AM, Lynda wrote:

> On 9/30/2011 11:00 AM, Steve Gibbard wrote:
>
>> In our upcoming board election, we have four candidates for four open
>> seats.  As one of those candidates, I'd like to think that this is
>> because everybody really wants to vote for us, but the most I can
>> really hope for is that being on the board sounds like a lot of work
>> and nobody objects to us strongly enough to want to volunteer.
>
> Just a brief question: Could someone be on the PC, and still not attend physically?

The bylaws state:

  To be eligible to be appointed as a member of the Program Committee,
  an individual must have attended one NewNOG conference within the
  prior calendar year (12 months).

There does not seem to be any attendance requirement once selected
(though it appears one would have to attend a meeting in order to be
chosen for a second term.)

     Steve