[Nanog-futures] New membership policy draft

Steve Feldman feldman at twincreeks.net
Tue Oct 26 20:55:55 UTC 2010

During discussions of the NewNOG bylaws on this list prior to the
election earlier this month, it became clear that we hadn't reached
consensus about a membership structure for the organization.

As a result, the NewNOG board asked the membership working group to
review the discussion and write a new strawman policy proposal for
review.  The working group has produced that proposal, and will send
it to this list later today.

At this time the board has no official position on the proposal.  We
hope that it will serve as the basis for a constructive discussion
which will lead toward consensus on a policy which can be implemented
in the bylaws and by board resolution.  We encourage everyone
interested to review the proposal, express your opinions, and make
suggestions for correcting any issues or improving the policy.  Our
goal is to have a have a final document expressing the community's
consensus within the next few weeks.

For the NewNOG board,
     Steve Feldman, chair