[Nanog-futures] Stenographers for Future NANOGs?

Kevin Oberman oberman at es.net
Wed Oct 6 14:54:57 UTC 2010

> Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2010 10:42:16 -0400
> From: Randy Whitney <randy.whitney at verizonbusiness.com>
>
> As I am reading through Matt's notes since I cannot attend NANOG in
> person this time, I'm pondering whether it may make sense in the future
> for NewNOG to set aside budget to employ stenographers to cover at least
> the plenary of the conference. Matt has done an admirable job over the
> past few years volunteering to do this, but perhaps there might be some
> way to lift this burden from him?

While I really appreciate Matt's efforts in posting the notes, the cost
of stenographers seems hard to justify. After all, the slides and the
A/V streams of all General Session presentations is archived and
available at any time.

I really hope Matt will continue his efforts or that someone else would
volunteer to take over should Matt decide to stop, but unless the cost
of stenographers is far lower than I expect, I'd have a hard time
justifying the cost.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)