[Nanog-futures] Final bylaws proposal

Duane Wessels wessels at packet-pushers.com
Sun Oct 3 06:20:42 UTC 2010

On Oct 2, 2010, at 8:31 PM, Daniel Golding wrote:

> Or maybe someone from the steering committee can step up and comment. That would be refreshing.

I'll bite, but I think Steve Gibbard already said most of what I'd say.

The membership working group was asked to come up with a membership
plan, and that work has been done.  We are now at the point where
its time to vote on it.

I think the discussion here is healthy and I very much appreciate
it.

If the to-be-voted-upon membership language is not appropriate for
us going forward, it won't be the end of the world if we have to
change it.

If the proposal is voted down, it won't be the end of the world either.

Regardless what happens next I'd like to thank those that worked on
it for taking the time and sticking their necks out.

DW