[Nanog-futures] Final bylaws proposal

Steve Gibbard scg at gibbard.org
Fri Oct 1 21:47:46 UTC 2010

The final bylaws that will be voted on in next week's election have been
posted on the Newnog website.  They are available for review at:

http://www.newnog.org/docs/newnog-bylaws.pdf

There are a couple changes from the previous draft.  Due to time
constraints, these changes are mine, not the Governance Working Group's.
Sorry for the lack of community involvement.

The previous draft was missing the section defining the corporate officer
positions (except for a paragraph on the Executive Director). I moved the
section over almost verbatum from the initial bylaws that Newnog's
attorney had prepared.  The only change I made was to make the Executive
Director section match what the Governance Working Group had agreed on.

The other change was a minor revision to the Student Membership section,
which was a last minute request by the Membership Working Group.  It
allows somebody to go from being a student member to a regular member by
becoming employed in the industry.

-Steve