[Nanog-futures] Call for Governance Committee members

Steve Gibbard scg at gibbard.org
Wed Jun 16 21:58:49 UTC 2010

As part of the NANOG transition from Merit to NewNOG, I've been asked to
chair the Governance Committee, which will work on bylaws for the new
organization.  These would presumably be submitted to the Steering
Committee/NewNOG Board, and with their approval be voted on by the general
membership in the October election.

I assume we'll be doing some mix of bouncing a lot of e-mail around and
having some conference calls, with the intent of turning out a document on
a fairly tight timeline.  I'm further assuming that what we'll end up with
will look a lot like the current charter.  The only significant change
I've seen proposed so far is in the membership structure, but that part
will be in the purvue of a separate Membership Committee.

So far, the committee consists David Barak, Betty Burke, Joe Provo, Dave
Meyer, and me.  If anybody else would like to join, please let me know.

Thanks,
Steve