[Nanog-futures] Membership, and Transition comment

Andy Davidson andy at nosignal.org
Fri Jun 11 18:59:09 UTC 2010

On 11 Jun 2010, at 16:55, Sean Figgins wrote:

> I believe that paid membership is the only way to actually have a real, valid membership.

I agree.  Make sure non North Americans can join too, please.

However, I still maintain that, although I do support independence in principal, today's nanog community should ratify the decision, and that the cost-benfit (in financial and non-financial terms) of independence vs the status quo is presented in an easy to understand way.  I trust *this* SC to make good decisions, I think they are capable of doing that, I don't have a problem with the proposal, but checks and balances are important.  This is a big change.

Andy