[Nanog-futures] Transition update

Jo Rhett jrhett at netconsonance.com
Tue Jun 8 22:28:29 UTC 2010

On Jun 4, 2010, at 7:24 AM, Rich Kulawiec wrote:
> But I'll comment that from my outsider's view back here in the
> cheap seats, what has happened is indistinguishable from a coup.
> There is the lack of information about what really happened;
> there is the nebulous citation of alleged problems whose severity
> necessitated this action; there is the marginalization of those
> asking direct questions; there is the lack of a cogent public plan;

If you haven't visited a country in a while and aren't aware of the civil unrest, then yeah you might assume that a revolution is a coup.   If you had attended NANOG meetings recently and talked with your SC chairs and others involved in moving things forward, you'd know something.

Hell, I've attended what, 2? in the last 10 years and the friction has always been apparent to me.

Note: not saying that this is a good idea, or that it's being done well.   I'm waiting to see how they approach this, just like the rest of you.   But I've been down this road before and I know very well how much work is involved, so I have a lot more patience.

--
Jo Rhett