[Nanog-futures] Merit's Position on NANOG Evolution

Don Welch don.welch at merit.edu
Thu Apr 15 14:47:22 UTC 2010

The issue of Merit's position on the creation of an independent organization
has come up, so allow me to state it directly.  Merit was not consulted, this
was a decision made by community leaders and presented to Merit.  We at Merit
do not think it is a good idea.  We have always tried to support and act in
accordance with the will of the community.  Therefore, we will support this
transition to the best of our ability.

Sincerely,
Don
--

Donald J. Welch, Ph.D.
President and CEO

Connecting Organizations Building Community

Hands-on Network Security: Practical Tools and Methods
Apr 27, 2010 - Apr 29, 2010
http://www.merit.edu/events/archive/specialevents/securitytools2010/

2010 Merit Member Conference
May 26, 2010 - May 27, 2010