[Nanog-futures] Conference Network Experiment policy

Martin Hannigan martin at theicelandguy.com
Thu Apr 9 21:42:55 UTC 2009

On Wed, Apr 8, 2009 at 5:14 PM, Joe Provo <nanog-fut at rsuc.gweep.net> wrote:

> Thanks for the feedback - please do keep it coming!  We'll pop out
> an updated draft to reflect the concensus when some equilibrium is
> reached, but just to comment on some of the questions and points
> raised so far (both on-list and off):
>

> - Costs were intended to be covered under the "Have finite and
>  well-defined requirements for support [...]" (WRT static/sunk
>  costs of labour, etc) and "a statement regarding resources the
>  proposer is committing to supply" (WRT money or specific equipment
>  needed for the experiment).  The draft will be updated to make
>  both more explict.
> -

It would be interesting to suggest that a copy of all raw data collected to
be provided back to the community so that they too could share in the
research or create derivatives from it (with proper attribution for all work
product of course).

Best,

Martin

Martin Hannigan                               martin at theicelandguy.com
p: +16178216079
Power, Network, and Costs Consulting for Iceland Datacenters and Occupants