[Nanog-futures] Conference Network Experiment policy

Martin Hannigan martin at theicelandguy.com
Wed Apr 8 03:37:55 UTC 2009

I agree with it as well. I think that a caveat related to "costs" should be
added though. Costs of experiments should be borne by the experimenters. Our
attendance fees are already high and should probably not support efforts
that all attendees are not going to participate in. If the costs are sunk,
like labor or volunteers, and Merit will allow it at no additional cost to
the budget that seems fine. If any other costs are to be borne in assuring
that we all have our work access available and the experiment split, those
costs should be covered by them, IMHO.

Best,

Martin

Martin Hannigan                               martin at theicelandguy.com
p: +16178216079
Power, Network, and Costs Consulting for Iceland Datacenters and Occupants