[Nanog-futures] Conference Network Experiment policy

Brzozowski, John John_Brzozowski at Cable.Comcast.com
Wed Apr 8 03:26:28 UTC 2009

Joe,

I for one am happy to see this proposal.  At a glance the policy appears to be reasonable.  Conducting experiments where so many qualified and interested participants are present is mutually beneficial to those participating as well as those organizing the activities.

John
John Jason Brzozowski
Comcast Corporation
e) mailto:john_brzozowski at cable.comcast.com
m) 609-377-6594

-----Original Message-----
From: Joe Provo [mailto:nanog-fut at rsuc.gweep.net]
Sent: Tue 4/7/2009 9:47 PM
To: nanog-futures
Subject: [Nanog-futures] Conference Network Experiment policy

Heya,

There have been periodic inquiries for network-based experiments
on the NANOG conference network.  While there is a serious benefit
to be gained by experimenters exposing their projects to the NANOG
attendees, there is a need to balance that with meeting attendees
having a functional network during the conference.

We'd like to hear the community's opinion on this. The SC has
drafted a "Network Experiments" policy based on prior experience
and what we think our conference attendees need to have available
while on-site.  Please see the attachment below and share your
opinions and suggestions.

Cheers!

--
             RSUC / GweepNet / Spunk / FnB / Usenix / SAGE