[Nanog-futures] An opinion re:issues with heavy-handed moderation

Jo Rhett jrhett at netconsonance.com
Tue Apr 7 16:57:12 UTC 2009

This message is intended for Joe Provo and other members of the
steering committee.  I am not replying to Gadi.

On Apr 6, 2009, at 1:57 PM, Gadi Evron wrote:
> 	1. Threads are moderated with no notice to person or mailing
> 	   list, or availability for examination.

I have been moderated on the list recently.  I received notice that I
was moderated, and on consideration of the topic I agreed with the
moderation.   Honestly there should be more moderation rather than
less ;-)

> 	3. It is very heavy-handed high-key moderation, which is not
> 	   what we ask for on NANOG as far as I understand, unless there
> 	   was a policy change.

It has been what I've been hoping for ;-) So it is certain why *I* ask
for.

> 	5. The admin team does not respond to requests for information
> 	   or challenges on this matter (I made one).

I don't know about recently, but a year or so ago I replied to a
notice that my post was rejected and I got a detailed answer in
response.  That answer satisfied my curiosity, and even though I
didn't agree entirely with the decision it was a "close enough" call
anyway.   I don't have any problem with the process as I have
witnessed it.  If it is still being handled in this fashion then I see
no need for change.

--
Jo Rhett
and other randomness